So why now, you may ask. Well, quite simply, I just got my Apple mojo back. You remember that feeling you had when you bought your first mainstream Apple product - with me it was my 2007 MacBook Pro with Leopard (OS X 10.5). I just got that same feeling for the first time in years. After eight years of being a MacBook Air devotee, I have gone back to my MBP roots and splashed out on a 2017 15” MacBook Pro.
Which is quite simply, a thing of absolute beauty! And it goes like the clappers!
![]() |
| 2017 MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.90 512Gb/16Gb (Space Grey) |
I half-heartedly started looking for a replacement machine about two months ago and was torn between the new MBA or a 13in MBP. With a minimum specification of 16 and 512 Gb of RAM and SSD space, this started to push the price up towards crazy money which I couldn’t justify. So I started looking at the refurb market and plumped on an Apple refurbed 2017 13in MBP before I checked out the eBay market and found a new 15in 2017 MBP for a similar price. In the heat of the moment I bought it - and that deal will soon be going to eBay for arbitration; I’ve still not received the laptop after three weeks and the seller is not responding. Caveat emptor!
Having rashly gone out and bought a bunch of accessories designed to fit a 15in MBP I was kind of stuck in that direction, but luckily found a refurb from a reputable outfit that was only £150 more expensive than the no-show.
The new box came via DPD within 24 hours and my Apple mojo was packaged with it. It took a day to set up - one of the most painless transfers I’ve ever done and it is performing flawlessly.
The MPB is connected to my old Thunderbolt 1 Belkin hub which isn’t the fastest box in the world, but I can’t afford a TB 3 replacement just yet. But it works. My photos and mail are now back on the internal SSD having been off-loaded onto external flash drives previously, and that helps speed things up considerably, although obviously with the trade-off of using up space on the SSD.
![]() |
| Apple Harvest HQ - November 2018 |
Next time, I'll have a look at some of the other changes that have impacted Apple Harvest HQ in the last couple of years.




MacBook Air is a thin, lightweight laptop from Apple. Because it is a full-sized notebook but only weighs three pounds, the laptop falls into a category that vendors are currently calling 'ultraportable.'
ReplyDeletehttps://usmac.co.uk/product-category/mac/macbook/
Thanks for sharing. Very nice blog. Get the viral magical short video app Likee and watch the latest indofilem21 videos online.
ReplyDeleteInteresting post about the Apple MacBook experience. Laptop Rental Dubai is a convenient option for professionals and businesses needing reliable laptops for short-term work, meetings, and events.
ReplyDelete