Sunday 1 December 2013

Dear Apple Santa...

It's only three and a bit weeks until Christmas, and I have been very good this year. I've written lots of Apple Harvest posts and increased the number of people viewing the blog. I've supported lots of independent developers by buying their software, and lots of hardware manufacturers by buying their shiny kit.


So here's what I'd like you to do for Christmas:

  • Fix the Displaylink problems that have caused so many people with USB monitors so much trouble when they upgraded to Mavericks. This won't help me, because I've given up and bought a new 24" monitor and donated the USB monitor to my girlfriend to use at home with her Wintel work laptop
  • Fix iTunes match so that play counts work. I know this is an old one, but for goodness sake, it's been going on for far too long
  • Find a way to turn off the worthless warnings on iOS devices when using non-Apple Lightning connectors. So far, all the non-Apple cables and adaptors I've bought work just fine - as do all the non-supported devices
  • Stop fiddling about with Mail, especially when you make Mail add-ins stop working
  • Update the Apple Thunderbolt display and bring it into the 21st century with some USB 3.0 ports (oh, and drop the price to something resembling a monitor rather than an iMac!)
  • Let me change the volume of the start-up tone on my MacBook Air or even mute it completely
You see, I'm not greedy. Most of these things won't take much effort but they'd bring pleasure to thousands of Mac users, including me.

So thank you and Merry Christmas in advance, Apple Santa! Ho, ho, ho!




8 comments:

  1. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you


    CMMI Consulting in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Viji - anything in particular that you want more details about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it 犀利士購買

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have all heard numerous rumors about apple service center up and coming fifth generation iOS 5-powered smartphone. We have heard rumors about the phone's processor. We have heard reports about the phone's capabilities. Now, we are hearing something new about the handset's display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually dont commonly post on many another Blogs, nevertheless Thank you continue the astonishing work. Ok unfortunately its time to get to school. mobile app experts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this kind of information.little

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. grupo fertica

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thanks for sharing, if you want more benefits then remain connect with us.

    Little Snitch Crack

    ReplyDelete