Thursday 1 October 2009

Duplex Printing on HP DeskJet 970Cxi - Update and Solution

Even before the proverbial ink had dried on my last entry, I seem to have found a potential solution to the problem of printing in full duplex mode on an HP DeskJet 970Cxi under Snow Leopard.

I stumbled across a piece of software called PrintFab 2 which is, according to the maker's blurb, a

"printer driver suite with RIP functionality. PrintFab's innovative “dynamic” color profiles ensure full control over color mixture and ink consumption combined with perfect print quality."


Installing PrintFab 2 sets up a "new" printer according to the configuration info you supply and loads the PrintFab driver as it's default. It's a simple enough process, and it restores duplex functionality to my DeskJet 970Cxi. It does an awful lot of other stuff by the looks of things but I'll investigate that during the next 30 days of my free trial.

PrintFab 2 may be an overkill solution, and it isn't cheap, running in at about £45.00 for a single user license for the simplest home version. But for peace of mind, saving trees, and saving the time I waste looking for alternative solutions, I think I may have finally found my Holy Grail, and I don't mind paying a small price for that.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, is this the last word? PrintFab, a Ferrari to fix a but? It's October 2010 now, any workaround, any update, any movement on that front?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its most exceedingly awful piece was that the item just worked intermittently and the data was not exact. You plainly canot go up against anyone about what you have found if the information isn't right. home sticker printing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I inquisitive more enthusiasm for some of them trust you will give more data on this subjects in your next articles. collate printing option

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am scanning for and I need to post a comment that "The substance of your post is grand" Great work! low cost 24 hours printing shop pj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basically unadulterated greatness from you here. I have never expected something not as much as this from you and you have not confused me by any extend of the creative imperativeness. I recognize you will keep the quality work going on. photoshop vector image tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: הדפסה על מוצרים תל אביב

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your online diaries propel more each else volume is so captivating further serviceable It chooses me happen for pull back repeat. I will in a blaze grab your reinforce to stay instructed of any updates. color copies online near me

    ReplyDelete